12 Valuable benefits of one-on-one tutoring
One-on-one tutoring has many benefits for students. It creates a very secure and intimate learning environment. This environment with a personal tutor is conducive to more focus on the subject and a higher level of concentration.
Arthur Ashe, world famous American tennis player, once said:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”
In this simplistic way, one-on-one tutoring can tick all the boxes, and help students improve their results and focus on their studies. One-on-one tutoring has benefits for all ages of students and all abilities.
This list sums up the 12 most valuable benefits of one-on-one tutoring.
1. One-on-one tutoring offers a unique learning experience that coaches the individual and encourages learning at the students own pace.
2. Students benefit from having their own tutor who can asses the child’s abilities and consolidate learning, or extend academic performance, in individual areas.
3. The tutor can improve a students work and study habits within the individual’s learning situation.
4. One-on-one tutoring provides a secure and positive workspace without multiple distractions. It is self focused education.
5. The tutor, in the one-on-one learning situation, can assess the student’s learning capacity and individual needs. The tutoring can be directly geared to these needs.
6. The medium of one-on-one tutoring can improve self confidence and attitude to school work. Success breeds success. The tutor’s guidance is a big motivator in this area bringing out the best in the child who may be struggling in a particular area of instruction.
7. The tutor is able to construct the lessons to suit the child’s gaps in learning. Some children struggle in specific areas of learning or individual subjects. A tutor will be able to pinpoint those areas and give the right tuition to the needy child.
8. One-on-one tutoring enables students to receive a boost to their studies just before exam time or during a period when they may be struggling with a concept. The individual attention at this time will set the student up for success in the future.
9. Individual tutors are able to take into account the individual learning styles of some children. A student may respond to visual learning styles or auditory learning or even the opportunity for practical hands on learning. A one-on-one tutor will have the time and the expertise to provide for different learning styles.
10. One-on-one tutoring is a form of mentoring and the tutor can provide more than just learning material. A personal tutor will get to know the individual child’s interests. The key to their improved performance may be through choosing topics they connect with and using their interests to bring out the best academic results.
11. The environment of the one-on-one tutor is more conducive to the shy child’s development giving individual children the opportunity to voice their opinions and gain personal confidence.
12. In today’s modern educational circles online one-on-one tutoring is available. This is encouraging for students who may not be able to have a tutor physically in their learning environment, but can build up a relationship with an online tutor.
One-on-one tutoring may just be the boost a child needs at a difficult time or it may be the support a child will benefit from as an ongoing educational facility. Whatever the reasons for one-on-one tutoring, it is a very successful way to assist students on their educational journey, and help them manage to reach their full potential.
One-on-one tutoring is recommended as a support system. It is a means to fulfil educational potential or deal with learning difficulties. Individual tutoring is a model of education that fits the bill to help individuals in many different circumstances. One-on-one tutoring provides opportunities for the personal development of many students at all ages and stages of education.
Get one-on-one support
If your child could use help with a specific subject or you would like one of our certified tutors to work through to ensure a productive and successful school term, call and speak to one of our consultants today on 1300 4200 79 or click here and fill in the form and your regional manager will be in touch.