Your Ultimate Guide To Free Remote Learning Student Resources
With the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak causing a global health crisis, restrictions are resulting in many schools operating partially or entirely remotely forcing families to find ways to supervise their children whilst they learn from home.
As governments around the world have temporarily closed educational institutions this has impacted over 91% of the world’s student population.
To help we've gathered a list of free, open, and downloadable digital platforms, apps and content that can be useful for families, educators, and students to support enrichment and continuity of learning during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Language Arts Resources
1. To help kids build their confidence in language skills and engage them into fun daily writing, Lakeshore Learning offers their free downloadable Monthly Calendar Writing Prompts.
Simply click the download calendar button and you'll be able to see the Monthly Calendar in PDF format. Just like this. How unique right?
2. Educators from boredteachers.com know very well the importance of language arts which includes reading, writing, listening and speaking. They have compiled a massive +50 Reading & Writing Websites for remote learning.
In this list, they've categorised it into 4 Sections: For Early Learners, For Elementary School, For Middle School, & For Highschool. It is for all students in different year levels. Check the massive list here.
3. Audible, world’s largest producer and provider of spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, offers hundreds of free audiobooks for kids during COVID-19 school closures. All stories are free to stream on desktop, laptop, tablet or phones. No catches, no credit cards.
"For as long as schools are closed, we're open" We love that catchy phrase!
Just go to audible.com/stories to access free audiobooks for preschoolers through teens.
Educational & Entertainment Resources
4. Science can be a fun subject for kids while at home. Educators from boredteachers.com listed their +40 Science Website for teachers & parents to help them easily teach Science to their students and/or their kids in different year levels.
5. Of course, these resources will never be complete without Maths. Fortunately, there are many online maths resources available and we are thanking the Educators from boredteachers.com in compiling this awesome list.
The list is for all of the students in different year levels - from early learners up to highschool.
Educational Resources From States & Territories in Australia
7. Victoria State's Education & Training department has established a full packed "Learn From Home" website that contains all digital learning resources that can help support school, educators and parents across VIC during this COVID-19 outbreak.
It consists of both educational and entertainment topics for all year levels. Visit the department's education website to access the free learning resources.
VIC - Learning From Home (https://fuse.education.vic.gov.au/pages/learningfromhome)
Additional online resources are available for Queensland state school students through the Learning Place website using student log in. This is the same login and password that students use to log onto the computers in their classrooms.
QLD - Learning@Home (https://education.qld.gov.au/curriculum/learning-at-home)
9. New South Wales Education Department introduced their "Learning From Home" page. This contains resources and activities for teachers and/or parent to support students temporarily unable to attend school.
Curriculum-specific resources are from Early childhood up to Year 12.
10. Western Australia Department of Education also released their dedicated page for "Learning From Home". Resources across all year levels and learning areas were added into their page to give children and young people the best opportunity to continue to learn at home.
As of this writing, Year 11 and 12 resources to support learning at home are in development. But WA mentioned that they will be uploaded soon.
WA - Learning From Home (https://www.education.wa.edu.au/learning-at-home/learning-resources-by-year-level)
If your child requires some additional support may it be in-home or online, we're here to help! Visit https://tutor2you.com.au/ to book a complimentary consultation with our trained & certified tutors today.