10 Questions To Get The Most Out Of Parent-Teacher Interviews
We all understand that often a student’s success or failure at school rests squarely on their shoulders. There is only so much that the students support team of teachers, parents or tutors can do if the student simply doesn’t want to succeed.
However, when the student requires or seeks support from those around them it is important to ensure everyone is on the same page and working together for the good of the child. This includes not only the teacher and the parents but where the student receives private tuition, the tutor must be kept in the loop to ensure the most effective service possible.
Ensure you keep in contact throughout the semester. Getting on top of any issues that creep up early often prevent them from growing into a bigger issue. Although gripes come up every now and again, remember we expect a lot of teachers, so make sure we show them how much you appreciate their efforts.
Facilitating feedback or comments is the most effective way to ensure that there is a coordinated team effort into your child’s education. The best place to start is ensuring you have the right questions for the teacher interviews.
Below are 10 questions that will not only help your child but also help you support them:
- What are my child’s strengths and weaknesses?
- Is my child organised for class?
- How do you assess my child’s progress?
- Does my child need any extra help for a particular subject?
- How does my child interact with others during group work class and in the playground?
- Is there anything I can do at home to support my child?
- Are my child’s assignments completed on time and accurately?
- What is my child’s behaviour like in the classroom?
- Have they been doing much reading in class, and do you have a booklist for their age and ability?
- What is the best way to contact you?
Get one-on-one support
If your child could use help with a specific subject or you would like one of our certified tutors to work through to ensure a productive and successful school term, call and speak to one of our consultants today on 1300 4200 79 or click here and fill in the form and your regional manager will be in touch.